May Playlist - Destruction

We're already a week into summer, and this playlist is long overdue. It's a bit rough around the edges, but that's what happens when you try to cram too many good things into one small box.

This month's playlist is titled Destruction, but that's only sort of accurate. There are themes of chaos and destruction throughout, but at their hearts these are mostly pop songs. And pop songs served well with a hot day and a grill, no less.

I should also take this moment to say that Destruction hosts one of the few pop songs I consider to be perfect. At some point I might compile a list of every song I think of as perfect, but for now just enjoy "He Gets Me So Hard" by Boyracer. There is as much nostalgia wrapped around that statement as anything, so feel free to disagree. On the whole, though, these collective joints should serve well at just about any outdoor summer get-together.

I don't know for sure what Gregg thinks of "He Gets Me So Hard," but I do know he keeps track of so-called perfect songs, and I also know that a lot of music on Destruction came directly from his blog. So hey, thanks Gregg!

Download and tracklisting are after the jump.

Click on Voltron to download Destruction.

Tracklist:

1. The Fake Fictions - "We Could Destroy You"
2. The Maine Coons - "I Am A Motherfucker"
3. Harlem - "Friendly Ghost"
4. Mannequin Men - "Never Lived By Myself"
5. Jaill - "Everyone's Hip"
6. The Soft Pack - "C'mon"
7. Nana Grizol - "Arthur Hall"
8. Sleeping in the Aviary - "Everybody's Different, Everybody"
9. Boyracer - "He Gets Me So Hard"
10. Dum Dum Girls - "Jail La La"
11. Japandroids - "Wet Hair"
12. The Thermals - "No Culture Icons"
13. No Age - "You're a Target"
14. Slow Animal - "Sanity"
15. Best Coast - "When I'm With You"
16. Nobunny - "Church Mouse"
17. Let's Wrestle - "I'm In Love With Destruction"

No comments:

Post a Comment