April Mixtape - Like a Hole in the Head

I've spent the last week and a half in various states of illness. Each time wellness would peak its head into my periphery and I thought I was scot free, a migraine would pop up and flush relief from the picture. Likewise, it's April. Alongside the rising temperatures come, um, rain showers. Each time the sun sneaks out and warms the lake, a billowing gang of clouds, um, rains on the parade. And so both Mother Nature and my immune system have both independently and informally dubbed April the month of tempered expectations. Accordingly, here's a mixtape of jams tepidly anxious for summer. They hint toward full liberation, but still acknowledge that we've (most of us, anyways) got final exams in a couple of weeks. And, in some cases, more chicken noodle soup than we'd have liked.

Click here to download Like a Hole in the Head.

Tracklist:
The Radio Dept. - "Heaven's On Fire"
Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - "Bright Lit Blue Skies"
The Harlem Shakes - "Sickos"
Gauntlet Hair - "I Was Thinking..."
Sunset Rubdown - "Stadiums and Shrines II"
Arms - "Kids Aflame"
The 1900s - "When I Say Go"
Belle & Sebastian - "Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying"
Liam Finn - "Second Chance"
Twin Sister - "All Around and Away We Go"
Whitey - "Cigarette"
Freelance Whales - "Generator ^ Second Floor"
Cults - "Go Outside"

No comments:

Post a Comment