Over the forest and into the weekend

This weekend crept up on me. First, you can check out my new article at the Cardinal. It is, in a word, weak. But it's about Art Brut's frontman, and the headline is a pretty subtle quip. There's nothing I love if not subtlety.

The main show around town this weekend is Title Tracks at der Rathskeller tonight. Title Tracks is the new(ish) group by Q and Not U's drummer. I haven't heard them, but supposedly they play pop music. The only time I saw Q and Not U, they opened for Interpol, ended their set with looped distortion and got booed off the stage. Needless to say, I'll be there tonight.

I'm also making sure to check out the "Automata: Contemporary Mechanical Sculpture" gallery this afternoon. The Cardinal's review didn't tell me much, so now I'm left to see it myself. *Shrug*

And lastly, the new Frightened Rabbit, The Winter of Mixed Drinks, leaked. You couldn't do much better than to grab it for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment